Who we are
The company name is Wallsend Lets and registered office address is 226 High Street East, Wallsend, NE28 7RX. Our website address is: https://wallsend-lets.co.uk/wordpress.
We are a registered Data Controller with the Information Commissioners Office and our Data Controller number is ZA071445
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
When you fill out and submit forms on our website (www.wallsend-lets.co.uk), such as registration, contact or viewing/valuation request forms, or contact us via email or phone, then you may provide us with personal information. This information may include your name, address, phone number and email address, or your property search criteria.
When you visit this website we may collect technical information from you such as your IP address, browser and version, along with analytic information about your visit such as the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the website and time spent on each page. This information is anonymous and cannot be used to personally identify you
Information gathered and its use
Wallsend Lets requires certain types of personal information from you in order to be able to provide our services to you. We will gather and store any information provided by you whether by telephone, e-mail, in person in our branch, via our website using our contact form(s), by sms messaging or similar means. We may also receive personal data provided by you via a third party. For example when you send an enquiry via an external, third party property portal e.g Zoopla, onthemarket.com, etc. your name, e-mail address, and contact number will be sent to us. We will then use that personal data to communicate with you. Please do not submit personal information to us is you do not wish for us to collect it.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Who we share your data with
We will use your personal information i.e name, contact telephone number(s) and e-mail address(es) primarily to communicate with you in order to:
- Provide you with information requested from us relating to our products or services e.g properties available, viewings/appointments, letting and/or management services.
- Meet our contractual and/or duty of care commitments to you.
Your personal information is held on and processed electronically on and off site in the UK on our password protected computers.
Your personal data in hard copy format – in the instance where you have manually completed or signed a document e.g Application Form, Tenancy Agreement, etc is held in secure filing cabinets on-site.
In accordance with our line of business we may need to pass certain elements of your personal data on to a third party. These third parties are, but not limited to:
- Credit reference agencies – to carry out credit and financial history checks in line with processing a Tenancy/Guarantor application.
- Utility companies – to provide them with your name, rental property address, e-mail address, telephone number and date of birth in order to set up your utility account and ensure that the opening readings are correct. Also to provide forwarding addresses as required.
- Letting agencies/private landlords – to provide them with or receive from them a Tenant reference regarding the conduct of your tenancy e.g rent amounts, late payments, condition of property, etc. through the term.
- Contractors – to provide them with your name and telephone number to arrange convenient access where maintenance and repairs are required.
- Landlords – where the landlord conducts the viewings themselves we will provide them with your name, e-mail address and telephone number in order to arrange mutually convenient viewings. We may also disclose to landlord(s) of a property you are wishing to rent and in advance of commencing an application your age bracket, marital status, employment status, number, age and sex of children which may reside in the specific property, job title and/or field of work, length of employment, and any brief information on adverse credit, CCJ’s, etc.
- Debt collection agencies and tracing companies – to pursue arrears as required.
- Notifying joint tenants and/or guarantors of non-performance or breach of responsibilities under the tenancy e.g rent arrears, property damage, etc.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We reserve the right to provide personal data to third parties where we are required to do so by law, statute or Court order.
We may also disclose your information to third parties:
- In the event Wallsend Lets in whole or in part is sold to a third party.
- To assist in fraud protection and minimise potential risk.
Selling of your personal data
We will never sell your personal data to a third party or provide the same for the purposes of marketing third party goods and services.
What are my legal rights?
In addition to the above, you have the following rights
- You have the right to object to processing your personal data for marketing activity at any time
- Where you have given previous consent you have the right to withdraw the previous consent to processing your personal data at any time
- You have the right to request to have the personal data we hold for you to be erased
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold for you in a concise readable format
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with the regulator (see below)
How do I complain to the regulator?
By writing to:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113